- Complete List of Courses
- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Fire and Hazard Courses
- Healthcare Training Programs
- Human Resources
- Insurance Programs
- Project Management Courses
- Quality Improvement Programs
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- International Campaign Fellows Program Application
225 S. Main St.
Akron, OH 44325-4104
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Certificate in Applied Project Management
Gain the frontline, real-world skills and techniques you need to enhance your career and your company's projects. Learn the life cycle processes and knowledge areas of project management as defined by the PMBOK®Guide, 5th edition. Build perspective in analyzing project potential and guiding project deliverables for on time, on budget results.
This program is designed for individuals who are new to project management, working project managers, managers, and project team members who wish to advance through exposure to formal project management methodologies.
- Receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management Excellence from The University of Akron.
- Develop and utilize a formal proven project methodology that we customize to your unique company, industry & corporate culture.
- Discover and correct the key project failure factors present in a majority of project environments.
- Establish a controlled project management environment that eliminates waste & delivers enhanced value.
- Build an effective project communications framework that strengthens credibility for yourself, your team, and your enterprise.
- Apply proven project management processes as defined by the PMBOK®Guide
- Pre-stage your project management career to meet or exceed Project Management Institute (PMI) standards for both the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) & the Project Management Professional (PMP) Credentials.
- Solidify requirements while gaining & maintaining the stakeholder support you need for project delivery.
- Eliminate false starts, optimize resources, get your projects done right the first time.
- Gain a clear understanding of how to accurately estimate and control project costs and schedules.
- Learn to identify and mitigate common project-related risks.
Dates: March 27, 28, 29 and April 3 & 4, 2017
Class meets: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Instructor: Alan Plastow, MAT, PMP
Location: The University of Akron Main Campus
What our students say:
“Al Plastow is amazing. His combination of real world experience and PMI knowledge makes him a highly credible teacher. That in addition to his wry wit and superb speaking ability makes him by far one of the best teachers I have experienced. Thank you for hiring him to teach this course. I have already recommended it, and him, to others.” RB
“Sharing experiences with group of professional peers, trouble shooting, network building , marshmallow project. Al Plastow is a terrific instructor! The structure of the course encourages dynamic discussion and lots of interaction. Awesome course!” JK
“Al took the time to talk about our individual circumstances. Al was awesome! I will totally recommend this course and I look forward to taking the exam!” AW
Online PMP Prep Course
This online course (TheCourse™) was developed and is conducted by a Registered Education Provider (REP) of the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is registered with PMI as a 56-hour course to prepare students for certification as Project Management Professionals (PMP)®. Course materials include PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide), workbooks tailored for TheCourse, and TheTest™. TheCourse teaches the core competencies of project management. It covers the five process groups and nine knowledge areas of PMBOK®Guide, the PMP® code of ethics and professional conduct, and a review of general management topics that are in the PMP® examination. Start anytime!
Instructor: Norris Goff, MBA, PMP