High School Heroes
Stories of Inspiration, Dedication, and Hope
by David Lee Morgan Jr., Foreword by Troy Smith
Pages: 203; Size: 5.5" x 8.5"
Imprint: Ringtaw Books
High school sports might be the last arena in which athletes compete for the sheer joy of participating. This collection of stories touches the heart and soul and emphasizes the little victories. Most of the players, coaches, and administrators consider their actions the result of hard work. They don’t think of themselves as remarkable. They’re wrong.
Among the stories you’ll read…
- Diversity, Golf Meet: Every Young Golfer Given Chance to Play at Akron’s First Tee
- Dream Becomes a Tall Order: Hudson Girl Outgrows Skating, Finds Success on Basketball Court
- CYO Coach Training Helps Protect Kids: Team Leaders Learn How to Spot Sexual Predators
- Area Youth Leader Dies at Age of 70: Anderson was Coach, Father Figure to Many Youngsters in Akron
- St. V-M: Things You Didn’t Know (and Didn’t Think to Ask): Taylor Talks to the Mirror, Cotton Writes Poetry and Travis Likes to Sleep
- Players Pass It Forward: Area Students Pitch in to Help Local Church Give Out Food
- The Tausch Family Always Enjoys Hosting Aeros Players: With Jhonny Peralta, They’ve Worked to Overcome a Language Barrier
- Buchtel, Yale Mold the Lives of Two Teammates: Kirk, Manley Treasure Educational Experience