About professional development and involvement
The Division of Student Engagement and Success has a strong focus on Professional Development and Involvement for all of its employees.
In order to achieve the goal of total employee participation in professional involvement, a Professional Development Committee was developed. This is a standing committee charged by the Vice President of Student Engagement and Success. The committee is comprised of representatives from various departments within the division.
The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to:
- Educate new employees about Division practices (e.g., policies, procedures, structure, personnel, strategic plans);
- Inform staff of professional development opportunities through the University, professional associations and local institutions and encourage their participation as appropriate;
- Evaluate staff needs for professional development and develop and deliver appropriate programs for staff on campus;
- Partner with campus constituents to supplement the Division's professional development initiatives; and
- Coordinate a Student Engagement and Success professional development calendar for multiple levels of staff.
You can find a list of members for the Professional Development Committee here.