Paying for ZipStart
You have four options:
- pay online with an electronic check or credit card (instructions below);
- pay in person with cash or check in the Student Services Center in Simmons Hall;
- mail check to The University of Akron/Student Accounts, P.O. Box 2260, Akron, OH 44309; or
- pay with financial aid (instructions below).
► Pay with an electronic check or credit card
You can pay online with an electronic check and credit card (MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Summer registration on or before April 25, the due date is May 19
- Summer registration between April 26 and May 23, the due date is June 16.
If you signed up for classes between May 24 and July 8, the due date is July 17.
► Pay with financial aid
STEP 1: Complete the 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov
Summer financial aid will be processed through July 11. Students who wish to secure financial aid to cover ZipStart tuition must submit the Summer Aid Application no later than July 11. (The FAFSA would have to be on file prior to July 11.)
The cost for ZipStart tuition will be applied toward a student’s annual financial aid. Any aid used to pay for Summer enrollment will reduce the amount a student will receive for the rest of the year.
Students must enroll for six credits in summer to receive a loan.
We recommend only using financial aid for tuition by either living at home and commuting to campus this summer –OR- enroll in fully online courses and take your coursework any time of day, wherever you are this summer!
Financial Aid questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org