BUCHTEL COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
What makes us great
- Many biology majors take advantage of our pre-professional health advising and support programs to prepare for professional degree programs. UA students who apply to medical, dental, pharmacy, optometry, veterinary, and physician assistant schools consistently enjoy an acceptance rate that is above the national average.
- The School of Communication is home to our highly rated student radio station, WZIP, and the student-run television station, ZTV, which has won nine, and been nominated for more than 30, Emmy Awards.
- Our undergraduate elementary reading program in The LeBron James Family Foundation School of Education was one of only 18 in the country, and of only three in Ohio, to earn an A+ rating in a 2020 report by the National Council on Teacher Quality.
- Our Department of Psychology boasts one of the country’s most respected Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology programs, as well as a Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program that has been ranked second in the nation by CounselingPsychology.org. We are also home to the National Museum of Psychology, the only museum of its kind in the United States.
- Our Master of Applied Politics degree program is one of only five such programs in the U.S. and the only one in the Midwest. The program works in conjunction with the prestigious Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, one of the nation’s premier bipartisan centers of research, instruction and experiential learning in applied politics.
- Our Northeast Ohio Master of Fine Arts (NEOMFA) consortium is the only creative writing program in the country that merges the faculties of four universities into a single MFA program.
- We are the first and only university in the state to offer a bachelor’s degree in criminal intelligence analysis, which was named one of the top 25 intelligence analysis degrees for 2021 by SecurityDegreeHub.com.