COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
What makes us great
- The college's undergraduate elementary teacher preparation program was one of only 15 in the country, and the only in Ohio, to earn an A+ rating in a 2020 report by the National Council on Teacher Quality.
- After rigorous review, the college of education was reaccredited and recognized for “national excellence” by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation in 2018.
- Students achieved a 94% pass rate for all teacher licensure tests, according to the 2018 Ohio Board of Regents Educator Performance Report.
- Through the Urban STEM Center, the H. Kenneth Barker Center for Economic Education, and the Center for Literacy, the college equips teachers and community members to provide crucial STEM, economic and literacy education to students throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Students learn through hands-on experiences in recently renovated, state-of-the-art facilities with technology-enhanced classrooms and laboratories.