Natural Sciences (Polymer Chemistry)/Polymer Science (BS/MS Accelerated Program)

Natural Sciences (Polymer Chemistry)/Polymer Science (BS/MS Accelerated Program)

Students who are admitted to this year-round program can complete the undergraduate phase of the study in three years and then immediately begin graduate studies in polymer science. Students earn a bachelor's degree in Natural Science from the Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences that is heavily weighted toward chemistry. They will be assigned an adviser in the Department of Chemistry and a co-advisor in the Department of Polymer Science who will advise them throughout their undergraduate program. The undergraduate studies might not have to be year-round for students who have a substantial amount of post-secondary credit when entering the program. Once the undergraduate degree is completed, students begin studies to earn a Masters of Science from the College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering that will require two years of courses and research.

Admission Requirements

  • Admitted to Honors College
  • Have a 3.7 grade point average in all undergraduate science and math courses
  • Interview with faculty advisers from the Departments of Chemistry and Polymer Science

Application Deadline

Applications to the Natural Sciences (Polymer Chemistry)/Polymer Science BS/MS Accelerated Program are accepted on a rolling basis.

Students should indicate interest in the BS/MS program to their Honors College adviser when applying for admission to the Honors College.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.

The University of Akron

Akron, OH 44325
Phone: 330-972-7111
Contact us
Send mail & deliveries to UA