Computer or technical skills required
You will need basic computer and technical skills to participate in an online learning course. These skills include but are not limited to the following:
- Using a mouse that includes scrolling, left-clicking and right-clicking.
- Typing information for coursework.
- Creating documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Opening, minimizing and closing computer applications.
- Participating in online bulletin/discussion boards.
- Participating in online chat rooms.
- Recognizing and understanding common file formats such as .doc or .docx, .pdf, and .txt
- Using appropriate plug-ins.
- Printing pages from a browser.