Institute for Teaching and Learning
Mission Statement: The Institute for Teaching and Learning at The University of Akron coordinates, promotes and supports efforts to improve the success of our students both inside and outside the classroom and to advance and disseminate scholarly investigations into the teaching and learning process as well as discipline-specific research activities involving students.
- Assisting faculty with service learning and undergraduate research experiences
- Consulting with colleges, departments and individual faculty on teaching, learning, evaluation and assessment issues
- Development and providing targeted professional development activities, information-gathering and sharing
- Documenting, publicizing and celebrating teaching and learning innovation and excellence
- Providing information, advice and leadership on teaching and learning matters
- Providing leadership and support for research on the scholarship of teaching and learning, service learning, pedagogy and inclusive excellence
For more information, visit the ITL website at www.uakron.edu/itl or contact the Institute at 330-972-2574.
Website: Institute for Teaching and Learning