Philosophy plays a central role in the understanding of ourselves and the world around us.
Our comprehensive curriculum covers such philosophical topics as:
- history of philosophy
- philosophy of mind
- philosophy of science
We offer three bachelor's degrees.
- BA in Philosophy
- BA in Social Sciences, PPE track (Philosophy, Political Science, and Economics)
- BA in Social Sciences, PSP track (Philosophy, Sociology and Psychology)
We offer minors in:
- General Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religions
- Philosophy of Science and Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- Environmental Ethics
- Pre-Law Philosophy
Other than the General Philosophy minor, all are interdisciplinary, which means six of the credits will be earned from select courses in other departments.
- are innovative and interactive
- win teaching awards
- have a wide range of research interests
- The Department of Philosophy houses a small computer lab and a private library for philosophy students.
Philosophy Student Organization
Interact with other philosophy students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Philosophy Club
These guides show the classes that are required to earn the degree or certificate.
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.