Placement Testing Accommodations
If you have a disability and require accommodations to complete the placement tests, it is recommended that you follow these guidelines. These guidelines have been established to assist you in your request.
Please be aware: The process for requesting permanent academic accommodations is separate. For more information on that process you can visit this website: http://www.uakron.edu/access/students/registering/.
If you are an incoming student and you have specific questions regarding Placement Testing at The University of Akron, you can visit: http://www.uakron.edu/nso/get-ready/placement-testing.dot.
Steps to Apply for Accommodations for Placement Testing:
- Request accommodations by completing the online Placement Testing Accommodations Request Form at least one month prior to your scheduled Placement Test.
- Attach supporting documentation of disability to the Placement Testing Accommodation Request Form online. Documentation Guidelines are available here: http://www.uakron.edu/access/students/registering/guidelinesdoc.dot.
- Appropriate documentation of your disability must be provided in order to have your application reviewed.
- An Office of Accessibility staff member will review your online application and documentation and contact you via email with the next steps you will take in the process. You will receive an email no later than one week after filling out the online form and submitting documentation.
- Certain rare accommodations, in some cases, may require further coordination between the student and the Office of Accessibility. When a follow-up email is sent with the students next steps, the appropriate contacts and accommodations will be outlined for the student.
For additional information contact:
Program Assistant, Office of Accessibility
Ashley Haas, M.A.
Disability Specialist & Service Coordinator, Office of Accessibility