Five-year/accelerated bachelor's and master's degrees
Earn your undergraduate AND graduate degrees in less time and for less money!
At UA, you can complete a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as little as five years.
During your senior year of select bachelor’s degree programs, you will complete coursework that counts toward both the bachelor’s and master’s degree. So, you can earn both degrees in as little as five years instead of the usual six or more years, while realizing significant financial savings.
If you are interested in the accelerated degree program, contact your academic advisor as soon as possible. (Log in to My Akron find your advisor’s contact information in your Student Advisor panel).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Cost savings of at least $4,000 — Pay for graduate-level courses at the undergraduate-level tuition rate
- You may double count a minimum of 9 hours (at a cost savings of at least $4,000); these 9 double-counted hours are charged the undergraduate tuition rate resulting in the additional savings.
- * Engineering programs allow double counting up to 12 hours
- Faster time to graduation for students eager to start their career
- Increased earning potential and career opportunities
- Minimum cumulative 3.30 GPA in second semester of junior year
- GRE not required
How to apply
Turn in your completed application and materials to your academic advisor. You should meet with your advisor prior to applying, if you need to find your advisor look in your My Akron Student Advisor panel.
- Complete and submit your application form
- Attach a letter of intent, which is a formal cover letter outlining your goals in applying for the accelerated degree program
- Include two letters of recommendation from faculty
- Contact your academic advisor and express interest in the accelerated degree program
- Participate in a Virtual Information Session in the spring semester
- Apply to the accelerated degree program
- Complete 9 or 12 graduate credits in your senior year (number of credits depends on your program)
- Mid-way through your final undergraduate semester, apply to The Graduate School
- Earn your bachelor's degree in your chosen accelerated degree field by the end of your senior year
5th year – master’s degree
- Complete your remaining graduate courses
- Earn your master's degree by the end of your fifth* year for most programs
- Note: You must maintain the GPA standards and other requirements of your program (these may differ between programs)
- *Some specific programs may take longer than five years.Those programs are still on an accelerated timeline and provide significant cost savings.
For more information
Please contact The Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have regarding the accelerated degree program.
If interested in the program, contact your academic advisor as soon as possible. Log in to My Akron and find your advisor’s contact information on your Student Advisor panel.