FOR NEW FRESHMEN
Freshman admission at the Akron campus is selective. Admission decisions are based on:
- grade point average (cumulative GPA, grade trends),
- standardized test scores (ACT or SAT), and
- strength of high school curriculum.
All of our regional sites are accessible to students who have a high school diploma or GED. We have sites in Orrville (Wayne College), Medina, Lakewood and Millersburg. See on map.
Students who do not meet the admissions criteria but who show areas of promise for successful college study may have their admission deferred. Students with deferred admission may begin their college coursework at one of our regional campuses. Students will be contacted by UA’s Wayne College with additional information.
The full college preparatory curriculum as recommended by the Ohio State Board of Education consists of:
- 4 units of English (emphasis on composition)
- 4 units of mathematics (Algebra I, II, Geometry, with minimum Algebra II complete)
- 3 units of science
- 3 units of social studies
- 2 units of foreign language
- 1 unit of the arts or an additional unit of a foreign language