Apply to The University of Akron
Application information for future doctors, people who are age 60 and older, those who want to earn a certificate or re-enroll, and those who simply want to take a class but are not looking for a degree.
Pathway to M.D.
An undergraduate program of study at The University of Akron leading to Northeast Ohio Medical School with a reserved seat in medical school.
Certificate-seeking and special students
This is for people who:
- are seeking admission to take a particular course, but is not working toward a degree.
- want to earn a certificate. See list of certificate degrees.
Re-enroll at UA
Students at other locations
To attend one of these UA locations, indicate your intention on your application for admission:
- Wayne College
- Medina County University Center
- Holmes County
For Distance Learning, apply through the Office of Admissions. When you register for classes, select Distance Learning as a Mode of Instruction.
Sixty Plus (60+) is available for students over 60 years old.
I'm also a veteran
We have services just for you. Learn more.
Additional application types
- You are a high school student, or graduated from high school or earned a GED less than 5 years ago, apply as a new freshman
- You are taking, or have completed, classes at another college and want to complete your degree at UA. You may have already earned an associates and seek another, or a bachelor's, apply as a transfer student
- It has been more than 5 years since you graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D., and you have never attended college, apply as an adult