The biomaterials theme focuses on the application of synthesis, processing and characterization to advance materials for use in health care, diagnostics, etc. Key aspects of the biomaterials theme include:
- Expertise in biomaterials science from synthesis, characterization, processing and clinical evaluation
- Design of biofunctional surfaces and materials
- Processing of biomaterials through electrospinning, 3D printing, extrusion, etc.
- Characterization of surfaces and interfaces
- Fouling and bioadhesion measurements
The faculty expertise in this theme spans the spectrum from synthesis and design of new materials to the fundamental characterization of surface forces to long term aging, degradation and biocompatibility.
- Custom resin synthesis and pilot scale-up
- Small batch filament generation with API and small molecules
- FDM and photochemical printing
- Scaffold functionalization technologies
- μCT imaging and print validation
- ISO Biological testing of printed scaffolds