Department of Applied General and Technical Studies
Our courses provide students a comprehensive, flexible, liberal arts education. Our general education courses provide a solid foundation for every degree or career.
You will learn the fundamental skills of:
- Reading Comprehension
- Technical Mathematics
- Social Sciences
Our courses emphasize:
- Analyzing information
- Formulating solutions
- Communicating clearly and concisely
Associate of Arts Degrees
The Associate of Arts degree cultivates in students the habit of life-long learning through a diverse curriculum and teaches students to think critically and creatively about their perceptions of ideas, events and people. This degree is designed to position the student for successful employment, career advancement or more focused study at the baccalaureate level.
Associate of Science Degrees
The Associate of Science degree teaches students to think critically and creatively about their perceptions of ideas, events and people. This degree is for students who would like to pursue a science based degree. Core curriculum emphasizes mathematics and science, but also includes English, history, and social studies, while learning fundamental skills in analysis, research, composition and reading comprehension. This is a science intensive degree designed to position the student for successful employment, career advancement, or more focused study in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields at the baccalaureate level.
Associate of Technical Studies Degree
The Associate of Technical Studies (ATS) program is available for adult students whose educational objectives and interests cannot be met through one of the formal associate degree programs. This program enables students to combine certifications (institutional, state, national) earned through an educational entity or a place of employment, with general education courses to meet the associate degree requirements. More information.
- Professional Writing Certificate (14 credits) - Earn a certificate to enhance your writing skills for a wide variety of business settings.
- Technical Math Certificate (11 credits) - Earn a certificate in the application of technical mathematics for the workplace, specifically an industrial setting.
- Workplace Writing Certificate (12 credits) - Develop diverse writing skills that can be applied to pragmatic workplace scenarios.
- Supervision and Management (21 credits) - Provides knowledge and skills to the new and existing supervisor as well as to the individual who aspires to a supervisory position.