Healthcare Simulation Technology
Associate Degree Program
Whether you are a new student or a seasoned professional, this program is what you are looking for to advance your career. Healthcare simulation is an exciting education and technology field that provides the healthcare student a simulated clinical environment through high-fidelity mannequins that breathe, blink, talk, and bleed. The healthcare student can also start IV’s as well as perform many medical procedures that simulate the real life experience of taking care of a patient. As a Simulation Technologist you are the operator that runs this technology.
Perks to the program:
- Many previous college credits may transfer
- Fast track for current and past college students
- Hands-on advanced learning environment
- Rewarding career in healthcare and education
- Exciting opportunities to see and learn about ta variety of simulation techniques in multiple centers.
- Learn in a state of the art classroom designed specifically for this program
- This is a unique collaboration between The University of Akron, College of Health Professions and Summa Health that offers a one-of-a-kind unique classroom and instructional facility designed for Healthcare Simulation Technology
- The student will learn in a simulated work environment with the challenges of everyday operations
What does a Simulation Technologist do?
A Simulation Technologist will provide the technical skills to support the use of simulation in a healthcare setting. This person is responsible for preparing and maintaining skills lab equipment, media, computers, and materials related to simulation learning and virtual hospital. A simulation technologist also will provide administrative support to the Simulation Coordinator. This person will also be able to answer questions, assist with simulation work and assist in preparation for lab experiences.
Skills that are used
- Programs software to model simulators' physiological responses to instructor specifications.
- Supports/assists in role playing applications, props placement, and set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
- Operates simulation mannequins sessions based on priority identified by the Simulation Coordinator.
- Assists with training faculty in the use of simulation equipment.
- Serves as a resource for those utilizing simulation.
- Collaborates in maintenance and repair of simulation equipment.
- Operates and maintains audio/visual equipment used in simulation with prioritization of the Simulation Coordinator. Performs related duties as required.