Welcome to The University of Akron!
Congratulations on your admission!
NEXT STEP: CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT
How to confirm for freshmen
By submitting the $145 confirmation fee, you are confirming your enrollment here at The University of Akron. You will need your Student ID number and a credit card to complete the process online.
For other groups
- How to confirm for international students
- How to confirm for transfer students
- How to confirm for College Credit Plus students
Contact the Office of Admissions at 330-972-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional steps after you have confirmed your enrollment:
You will receive automatic consideration for general UA scholarships, using the information from your application. UA offers thousands of scholarships and awards -- more than $22 million each year in scholarship aid.
Students are encourage to apply for additional scholarships as well.
On-campus housing information is included in your confirmation email. First-year freshmen who are not residents of Summit, Stark, Medina, Wayne or Portage counties are required to live on campus as long as space is available. For exemptions, see First-Year Residency Requirement.
After you've paid the confirmation fee, you can log in to My Akron to submit your housing application. The priority deadline for fall semester housing is May 15.
Questions? Contact Residence Life and Housing at 330-972-7800 or email@example.com.
Select a meal plan
Meal plan information is included in your confirmation email.
- Learn about meal plan options, including options for commuter students.
Questions about meal plans? Call 330-972-5637 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you pay the confirmation fee, you will receive your confirmation email, which includes your scheduled Advising & Registration Day date, along with information about housing and dining options.
- Confirmation emails for fall semester are mailed beginning in late February.
- Confirmation emails for spring semester are mailed beginning in October.
Questions? Contact New Student Orientation at 330-972-2622 or email@example.com.
Your Advising & Registration Day date is listed in your confirmation email. There are a few things to do before you come to Advising & Registration Day.
- Complete your Pre-Advising Worksheet
- Freshmen will take the required COMPASS Placement Tests (indicated in your Enrollment Packet brochure) at least one week before attending orientation. Make arrangements for your test by contacting the UA Testing lab at 330-972-6511 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Students will be advised the morning of Transfer Transition if testing is needed.
- Register your parent or guardian for Family Focus Orientation.