Welcome to The University of Akron!
We're delighted that you'll be joining us.
Now that you have been admitted, you probably have questions. This checklist should help you stay organized and explain what happens next during this exciting time.
Your Acceptance Packet contains information about how to submit your Intent to Enroll Form and pay the confirmation fee. Complete it online:
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 330-972-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UA offers thousands of scholarships and awards -- more than $22 million each year in scholarship aid. With the largest endowment of any public university in northern Ohio, UA is able to give many talented students the chance to study. Awards range from hundreds of dollars to complete, full-ride academic scholarships.
On-campus housing information is included in your Enrollment Packet. First-year freshmen who are not residents of Summit, Stark, Medina, Wayne or Portage counties are required to live on campus as long as space is available. For exemptions, see First-Year Residency Requirement.
After you've paid the confirmation fee, you can log in to My Akron to submit your housing application. The priority deadline for fall semester housing is May 15.
Questions? Contact Residence Life and Housing at 330-972-7800 or email@example.com.
Select a Meal Plan
Meal plan information is included in the Enrollment Packet.
- Learn about Meal Plan Options
Not living on campus?
There are optional meal plans available for commuter students, too! See what's available.
Questions about meal plans? Contact Dining Services at 330-972-7185.
After you pay the confirmation fee, you will receive your E-Enrollment Packet, which includes your scheduled Advising & Registration Day date, along with information about housing and dining options.
- Enrollment Packets for Fall semester are mailed beginning in late February.
- Enrollment Packets for Spring semester are mailed beginning in October.
Questions? Contact New Student Orientation at 330-972-2622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Advising & Registration Day date is listed in your E-Enrollment Packet. There are a few things to do before you come to Advising & Registration Day.
- Complete your Pre-Advising Worksheet
- Freshmen will take the required COMPASS Placement Tests (indicated in your Enrollment Packet brochure) at least one week before attending orientation. Make arrangements for your test by contacting the UA Testing lab at 330-972-6511 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Transfer Students will be advised the morning of Transfer Transition if testing is needed.
- Register your parent or guardian for Family Focus Orientation.
- Submit your final high school or college transcripts. Mail them to:
University of Akron
Office of Admissions
Akron, OH 44325-2001
- Make sure your academic adviser has a copy of your Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) scores.
- Bring your scores to orientation,
- Have your scores sent to UA, or
- Mail them to:
University of Akron
Academic Advisement Center
Akron, OH 44325-6206