Department of Business and Information Technology news stories
- Cracking the code: Cybersecurity student rewrites and unlocks himself at UA
- Bachelor's in cybersecurity: A profession growing in size and importance
- Graduate Chefs Dinner to be held April 8
- Hospitality Management Program welcomes area high school students
- Culinary Artists Club's ice carving competition featured online
- Hospitality Management hosts open house for area high school students
- Business and IT degree programs earn accreditation
- A competition full of mystery: UA to host Northeast Ohio Culinary Classic
- Graduate Chefs Dinner sells out
- Flying ice chips, buzzing chainsaws, cool sculptures: Ice Fest 2016
- Fancy fare fills Graduate Chefs Dinner menu
- Golfers to drive scholarships for UA Hospitality Management students
Fancy fare fills Graduate Chef Dinner menu
October 28, 2015
Fried caprese and loaded baked potato soup start off the 12th annual University of Akron Graduate Chef Dinner on Saturday, Nov. 7, at the Gallucci Hall Crystal Room Bistro.
Following 5:30 p.m. hors d’oeuvres, guests will dine on orange beet salad laced with goat cheese, baby greens and candied pecans; pan-seared salmon with blueberry mostarda; apple-and-cranberry chicken roulade with celery root and kale sprouts; and beer-braised beef short ribs. Sorbet served in ice goblets between courses, homemade breads, chocolates and mead-spiced sabayon with raspberries for dessert finish off this celebration of fine fare.
“The Graduate Chef Dinner is a wonderful showcase of culinary talent by UA hospitality management alumni who are now among the area’s finest chefs,” says Chef Richard Alford, UA associate professor emeritus of hospitality management.
Presenting graduate chefs include: Ken Diederich, Aaron Hervey, Dan Johnson, George Niemoller, Paulina Rodriguez, Anthony Scolaro and Brad Smith.
Proceeds from the $50 per person event benefit students in the UA Culinary Arts Club through chef mentoring, hands-on training opportunities, culinary event competitions and more. For reservations, call the Crystal Room Bistro at 330-972-6615.
Media contact: Denise Henry, firstname.lastname@example.org.