Career services for students
Meet with Career Coach
Our career coaches can help students at any stage in the career search, from selecting a major to searching for a co-op or internship, to finding your career when you graduate.
- Request an appointment online via Handshake at https://uakron.joinhandshake.com
- Stop by during walk-in hours (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday) for a resume or cover letter review!
- E-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major and Career Exploration
Let us help you define your interests and align them with majors and careers!
- Explore careers on Focus2
- What can I do with this major?
- Schedule an appointment with Career Services to discuss your options.
Job & internship search
Searching for jobs and internships is the first step in your future career.
- Explore our online job database, Handshake.
A resume gives future employers a quick glance at your experience and education.
- Upload your resume to Handshake for a quick review!
- Stop by during walk-in hours (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday) for a resume review!
Cover letter tips
Your cover letter is your introduction. It shows a little of your personality while describing your qualifications and leading your future employer to look at your resume.
- Stop by during walk-in hours (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday) for a cover letter review!
The interview is the main event. Make your best impression to get the job you want.
- Stop by during walk-in hours (9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday) for a mock interview!