Cover letter tips
How do you write a cover letter?
- Write to a specific individual.
- Show the employer that you've done your homework and have a genuine grasp of the organization's personnel needs and philosophy of business.
- Personalize each cover letter separately, even if you use a common framework.
- Use natural language in simple, clear sentences.
- Be clear and concise.
- Express your capabilities with confidence, but avoid exaggerating your level of experience.
- Check and recheck your letter for correctness with regard to spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Make sure the final letter is completely professional in appearance and appealing to the eye.
- Finish your letter with a strong closing that indicates the action you desire. Take the initiative by requesting an interview and/or stating your intention to call in a week or two.
- It is important to mention activities, honors, and special skills that are not mentioned in your resume.
- Keep copies of everything you send, and follow up according to your stated intentions.
- Remember to sign each letter