Student Employment jobs are located within UA Offices and Departments. This includes federal work study positions.
- We help you gain skills, make valuable connections, and build your resume as a type of experiential learning.
- We offer flexible hours with the understanding that you need to prioritize your education.
Federal Work Study Program (FWS)
A federally funded campus-based aid program designed to provide part-time jobs for eligible students. FWS jobs are primarily on-campus.
- Eligibility is shown on your Financial Aid Award Notification on MyAkron.
- Those awarded FWS will need to acquire a FWS job on campus to earn FWS funds. Earnings are not applied directly to your bill (tuition, fees, etc.).
- A benefit of earning income through a FWS job is that those earnings do not count against you when you complete the next year’s FAFSA.