The College of Applied Science and Technology
The College of Applied Science and Technology is an ideal environment for students, educators, and staff support professionals. It has a small college feel with all the benefits of a big university.
Our faculty take pride in focusing on quality undergraduate (associate and bachelor degree programs) instruction that can lead to student success in the classroom and beyond. The College also is part of The University of Akron, recognized as one of the top employers in the region and an institution that fosters creativity, innovation, interdisciplinary partnering, and collaboration.
Our promise to you
The College of Applied Science and Technology exists to help you achieve your career or educational goals.
- We focus on the learner, and we commit to provide you with the tools necessary to succeed.
- We provide each student with the means to examine academic and career opportunities, considering interests, abilities, and achievements.
- We deliver pre-service and in-service training to industry, business, government agencies, health-care providers, and human-service agencies.
- We seek to develop in you a philosophy of learning as a lifelong experience.
- We provide quality instruction with credentialed, qualified, and experienced professors who routinely use the greater Akron community as a "laboratory" for achieving educational goals.
- We recommend each student for the appropriate degree in accordance with his or her level of accomplishment and interest.