- New! The Gary L. and Sue Jones Endowed Scholarship for Working Students
- New! The Dr. Jean Johnston Scholarship
- New! Student Excellence Scholarships
- David Bruce Auburn Scholarship
- Jeffrey Brashares Endowed Scholarship
- George Clinton and Julia Lucille Fouts Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- David M. and Kathleen L. Hoppe Endowed Scholarship
- Robert W. Little Endowed Scholarship Fund for Summit College
- Oriana House/Judge Ted Schneiderman Endowed Human Services Scholarship
- William M. Petry Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Todd and Christin Rickel Scholarship
- Charles T. Salem Scholarship
- Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship
- Elizabeth J. and Paul E. Stroble Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- Dean Robert C. Weyrick Endowment
Construction Engineering Technology
- Samuel M. and Ethel L. Chambers Scholarship
- James A. Dougherty Endowed Scholarship in Construction Technology
- Richard S. and Harold M. Garson Home Builders Association Scholarship Fund
- Jerry and Emily Welty Scholarship in Construction Technology
Electronic Engineering Technology
Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Fire Protection Technology
- Chef Richard W. Alford Scholarship Fund
- Dorothy D'Andrea Scholarships
- Tage and Irena Hojfeldt Memorial Scholarship
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Surveying and Mapping
David M. and Kathleen L. Hoppe Endowed Scholarship
The David M. and Kathleen L. Hoppe Endowed Scholarship was established in 2016. David and Kathleen, having benefited greatly from their UA education, established this scholarship to help deserving students achieve their own dreams.
David M. Hoppe was raised in Akron and was the first in his family to attend The University of Akron, completing his degree requirements for a B.A.Ed. (social studies comprehensive) in 1980. David’s parents, along with his aunts, were raised in the Kenmore area of Akron. David self-financed his college education by working full time for Holiday Inns of Akron/Canton. Upon graduation, David began a long and rewarding management career at the Bell System/AT&T. His most important and valued client during his career was The University of Akron.
Kathleen Linton Hoppe also was raised in Akron. She is the third generation of her family to attend The University of Akron. She and David met while both were students at UA. She self-financed her education by working while attending college, graduating with a degree in business administration (marketing) in 1978. Recruited by B.F. Goodrich, she went on to work as a district sales manager for Columbus Coated Fabrics (Borden) and brand manager at Benchmark Wallcoverings (National Gypsum). Kathleen earned a master’s degree in business administration from Cleveland State University in 1988.
Kathleen and David, both retired, made their home in Kenmore. Their son, Benjamin Lauer, graduated from Kenmore High School in 2008. Ben went on to attend The University of Akron Honors College (now The Williams Honors College), receiving a B.S. in accounting in 2012.
This annual scholarship is intended to provide support to an incoming freshman who graduated from Kenmore High School with a GPA of at least 2.75. Candidates must intend to pursue a degree in business, education or hospitality. Consideration should be given to individuals who are working either full or part time while pursuing their degree. Recipients will be nominated by the Office of Student Financial Aid.