- New! The Gary L. and Sue Jones Endowed Scholarship for Working Students
- New! The Dr. Jean Johnston Scholarship
- New! Student Excellence Scholarships
- David Bruce Auburn Scholarship
- Jeffrey Brashares Endowed Scholarship
- George Clinton and Julia Lucille Fouts Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- David M. and Kathleen L. Hoppe Endowed Scholarship
- Robert W. Little Endowed Scholarship Fund for Summit College
- Oriana House/Judge Ted Schneiderman Endowed Human Services Scholarship
- William M. Petry Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Todd and Christin Rickel Scholarship
- Charles T. Salem Scholarship
- Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship
- Elizabeth J. and Paul E. Stroble Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- Dean Robert C. Weyrick Endowment
Construction Engineering Technology
- Samuel M. and Ethel L. Chambers Scholarship
- James A. Dougherty Endowed Scholarship in Construction Technology
- Richard S. and Harold M. Garson Home Builders Association Scholarship Fund
- Jerry and Emily Welty Scholarship in Construction Technology
Electronic Engineering Technology
Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Fire Protection Technology
- Chef Richard W. Alford Scholarship Fund
- Dorothy D'Andrea Scholarships
- Tage and Irena Hojfeldt Memorial Scholarship
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Surveying and Mapping
Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship
The Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship was established in 2016 by Blin B. Scatterday, professor emeritus in the College of Applied Science and Technology at The University of Akron who retired after 30 years of service. Scatterday remains passionate about the University’s two-year program and chose to establish a scholarship to assist students enrolled in CAST.
A two-time UA graduate, Scatterday joined the University in 1964 and taught general studies and mathematics and also was chair of the Associate Studies Department. He was named Administrator of the Year by the Ohio Association of Two-Year Colleges in 1989. Prior to joining UA, he served as the first principal of Green High School in Green, Ohio.
Scatterday earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from UA in 1950 and a master of arts in secondary education in 1963. As a student, he was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa and Phi Delta Kappa honorary societies, Phi Kappa Tau fraternity, the Sabre Squadron, and Army ROTC. After completing his undergraduate degree, he was a commissioned Army officer with the rank of Second Lieutenant, Infantry, Organized Reserve Corps.
Scatterday was married for 56 years to Suzanne Louise Scatterday, a 1972 University of Akron graduate who passed away in 2011. The couple has two children, Mark ’81 and Cynthia ’79, ‘88.
Candidates for The Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship must be enrolled (full or part time) in UA’s College of Applied Science and Technology and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Preference will be given to nontraditional, first-generation students with demonstrated financial need. The CAST Scholarship Committee, in conjunction with UA’s Office of Student Financial Aid, will select recipients and determine scholarship amounts and distribution dates, both of which may vary depending on fund availability.