- New! The Gary L. and Sue Jones Endowed Scholarship for Working Students
- New! The Dr. Jean Johnston Scholarship
- New! Student Excellence Scholarships
- David Bruce Auburn Scholarship
- Jeffrey Brashares Endowed Scholarship
- George Clinton and Julia Lucille Fouts Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- David M. and Kathleen L. Hoppe Endowed Scholarship
- Robert W. Little Endowed Scholarship Fund for Summit College
- Oriana House/Judge Ted Schneiderman Endowed Human Services Scholarship
- William M. Petry Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Dr. Todd and Christin Rickel Scholarship
- Charles T. Salem Scholarship
- Blin B. Scatterday Scholarship
- Elizabeth J. and Paul E. Stroble Endowed Scholarship for Summit College
- Dean Robert C. Weyrick Endowment
Construction Engineering Technology
- Samuel M. and Ethel L. Chambers Scholarship
- James A. Dougherty Endowed Scholarship in Construction Technology
- Richard S. and Harold M. Garson Home Builders Association Scholarship Fund
- Jerry and Emily Welty Scholarship in Construction Technology
Electronic Engineering Technology
Emergency Management and Homeland Security
Fire Protection Technology
- Chef Richard W. Alford Scholarship Fund
- Dorothy D'Andrea Scholarships
- Tage and Irena Hojfeldt Memorial Scholarship
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Surveying and Mapping
Dean Robert C. Weyrick Endowment
Established in 1989 and expanded 1997 by Robert C. Weyrick, the second dean of the Community and Technical College (now the College of Applied Science and Technology) at The University of Akron, The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Endowment provides scholarship support for full-time students enrolled in associate degree technical programs in the College.
A 1949 graduate of The University of Akron with a degree in electrical engineering, Robert C. Weyrick served as dean of the Community and Technical College from 1974-1986. As dean, he recognized the importance of student scholarship support and worked to increase private scholarship support. By establishing The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Scholarship in 1989, he provided his personal support for students in the College. During Dean Weyrick’s service as dean, the Distinguished Student Program was created to recognize and assist exceptionally talented students in associate degree programs. In 1997 Dean Weyrick established The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Distinguished Student Scholarship to assist students in this program.
Half of the available funds are for The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Scholarship, to be awarded to one full-time student in any of the College’s technical degree programs. Recipients are to be selected by the Dean of the College of Applied Science and Technology in cooperation with the Office of Student Financial Aid, regardless of financial need. The award can be renewed for one additional year if the student maintains an overall GPA of at least 2.5.
The other half will provide The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Distinguished Student Scholarship for one full-time student in the Distinguished Student Program, as selected by the Dean of the College of Applied Science and Technology in cooperation with the Office of Student Financial Aid. The award can be renewed for an additional year provided the student remains qualified for the Distinguished Student Program. In the event this program is not available, the award is to be made to an outstanding student enrolled full-time in an associate degree technical program in the College.
This endowment description supersedes and replaces the two previous descriptions for The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Scholarship and The Dean Robert C. Weyrick Distinguished Student Scholarship, established in 1989 and 1997, respectively.