Sophomore Experience 2022
Did you know: Up to 85% of jobs that will exist in 2030 haven't been invented yet!
Your sophomore year at The University of Akron is the perfect time to gain a better understanding of innovations and how they connect to your passions, identify areas of strength and potential development, and gain experience to discover new job opportunities that may not yet exist! This Sophomore Experience is not just for business students, it's open to all UA students. New for Spring 2022, you can participate in our Innovation & Business - Sophomore Experience class that is taking place in Detroit, MI on Friday, April 8 & Saturday, April 9. Transportation, hotel, and food will be provided!
Our Sophomore Experience program is designed to help add new direction to your career path. This 1-credit course will open up an innovative experience for you to explore what it is like to think creatively and innovate to stay relevant. Who knows, you may think of new advancements and find ways to include more experience to your resume, add Professional Selling as a minor, or even join our student organization, the Fisher Sales Society.
Spring 2022 Sophomore Experience will start on Friday, April 8 with a guest speaker before departing for Detroit. The first stop will be CED Greentech, where you'll meet with the CEO and learn about solar energy and how their team is growing and creating new products for the future. Then onto the hotel and dinner with UA Alumni to network and learn more from their experiences. Saturday will take place at the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation to learn about automobile advances and see thousands of artifacts. Class sessions will be held on the bus, which will return to Akron at 4:00pm on Saturday.
How to Register for this Class:
- Head over to My Akron Experience.
- Under Subject enter
- Under Course Number enter
- This class is limited to 20 people.
- Students can add this course at no additional cost if they're within the tuition plateau.
Want more information on our Sophomore Experience? Contact Dave Payne at email@example.com
April 8 & 9, 2022
Why you should sign up:
- Network with other sophomores and alumni from The University of Akron.
- Enjoy an enriching experiential learning opportunity.
- Enhance your understanding of innovation in many areas.
- Add this experience to your resume and share in future interviews your experience in innovation.
- Receive one credit hour.
- Spend an overnight in Detroit with peers and interactive experiences.
- Earn credits towards your EDGE Honors.