Leadership Designation Program
The Leadership Designation Program is a multi-level, comprehensive leadership program designed to empower students to make meaningful differences wherever their paths take them. The Leadership Designation Program provides many high-impact, experiential learning activities to prepare students to lead effectively at any level of an organization.
Students select from a variety of activities at each level intended to help them gain insights into how their knowledge is applied in a real-world settings, all while making connections with professionals. Students may complete one, two, or all three levels of the program, earning a certificate for each level during our annual Leadership Recognition Reception in May.
A developmental focus is evident in each level:
Level 1: Personal Mastery and Ethics
Level 2: Interpersonal Communication and Team Process
Advanced Level: Enterprise Thinking and the Leadership Experience Project
Leadership Experience Projects
Leadership Experience Projects are the capstone of the Advanced Level of the Leadership Designation Program. Once students have completed Level 1 and Level 2 of the program, they have the option of completing the Advanced Level, which includes a Leadership Project. Students who participate in the Advanced Level receive up to $2,000 to complete a final project with a team member. Students work with Institute staff to develop this project and propose it during Level 2.
These projects are action-oriented projects and include a research component, enrollment in a 3 credit hour course, and up to $2000 in award funding from the Institute. The funding of these projects allows students to take a risk, diversify their academic experience and receive opportunities that will help them stand apart from other college graduates. Students can use their funding for travel opportunities, research, programming, materials, technology, and more.
How to Get Started
- E-mail email@example.com
- Ready to do great things? Register Now for Level 1 on the Leadership Designation Program
Past projects include:
- developing leadership trips to Haiti and Jamaica
- bringing a TEDx Talk to UA
- partnering with local schools and creating a community garden
- supporting local philanthropic work
- developing a Human Trafficking awareness program
- traveling to New Zealand to volunteer at the 2017 World Masters Games
- financial literacy program for underprivileged youth
- creating and legally organizing a local nonprofit
- Reflection of Leadership Experiences
- Verification of Service Hours
- Verification of Student Organization