Saturday MBA Program – Complete an MBA in Two Years Attending Class Every Other Saturday
Our next cohort will be offered in August, 2019 on our main campus in downtown Akron. Deadline to apply will be July 15, 2019.
The College of Business Administration (CBA) makes it possible for working professionals outside of Akron to complete a graduate degree in two years. Students take courses taught by the same expert faculty who are part of our highly ranked part-time MBA (national rankings.) In addition, The University of Akron offers one of the most affordable tuition rates in Northeast Ohio for an AACSB-accredited MBA.
The Saturday MBA is a cohort-based program, in which a group of students starts at the same time and completes the program together by attending Saturday sessions. This format provides a team environment that is conducive to learning.
In the Saturday MBA Program, students take three courses per semester (7-9 credits) using hybrid in-class and online formats.
Program features include:
- Classes meet every other Saturday, from 8 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Students take three courses each semester, one at a time, to complete their degree in six semesters, including summers.
- Students take one course at a time over 3-4 Saturday sessions.
- All students are enrolled in the Interdisciplinary MBA Concentration, which consists of three elective courses approved by the Graduate Programs Director to provide students with marketplace-relevant content.
- Each student completes a project applying their knowledge and skills to an area of personal and/or career interest or participate in a study abroad.
- For student convenience, the class schedule is established in advance, and our staff handles all course registration needs.
- On occasion, local business executives hold informal question-and-answer sessions for Saturday MBA students.
- Lunch is provided during on-site class sessions.
- Free parking.
Tuition and fees:
- $33,000 total program rate
- Additional fees may apply for non-Ohio residents