Standout business alumni honored with Simonetti award04/29/2015
From leading the financial strategy at Under Armour to serving as a partner with the law firm Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, alumni from the College of Business Administration are making their mark on companies throughout the region and across the country.
To recognize such high-level success, the College of Business Administration has been presenting the Simonetti Distinguished Business Award to select alumni since 1987, and this year’s ceremony on April 17 marked the award’s 28th anniversary. The event drew more than 450 business and community leaders, as well as faculty, staff and students from the College of Business Administration, for the traditional “Sunrise Breakfast,” where these five UA alumni were honored:
- Brad J. Dickerson ’87 – chief operating officer and chief financial officer, Under Armour Inc.
- Steven A. Dimengo ’83, ’86, ’86 – partner, Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs LLC
- Michael D. LeHere ’67, ’72 – CEO (retired), Akron Global Business Accelerator
- Norma J. Rist ’65 – president, Norma J. Rist CEO Consulting Inc.
- George E. Strickler III ’74 – executive vice president, CFO and treasurer,
“This year’s Simonetti winners, like those of past years, have had extraordinary successes,” said Ravi Krovi, dean of the College of Business Administration, “These alumni clearly demonstrate the quality of students who attend our college and exemplify our goal, which is to prepare students to be outstanding leaders who are ethical and are committed to making their communities better. Truly, the honorees are a source of pride for all UA alumni.”
Created to recognize outstanding business alumni for their professional achievements and significant contributions to their communities, the Simonetti Award is named for the late Dr. Frank L. Simonetti, a UA alumnus, dedicated professor and legend in UA’s College of Business Administration.