External Scholarship Opportunities
National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) University Partnership Program
NSHMBA mandates the requirements below for the University Partners who select NSHMBA Scholars.
To be considered for this program, students must meet the following criteria:
- United States Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence
- Hispanic heritage or demonstrated commitment to the Hispanic community
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) from either a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- Enrollment in an AACSB accredited program
- Recipients do not have to be current NSHMB members as they will be provided membership once they are selected to be a scholar.
- NSHMBA Scholars receive the following benefits (each student recipient must volunteer at the conference for a total of four (4) hours and attend the NSHMBA Scholars Meeting and NSHMBA Scholars Luncheon in order to receive these benefits):
- Complimentary full conference registration and up to $250 travel and accommodations reimbursement for the NSHMBA Annual Conference & Career Expo
- A special invitation to the scholarship luncheon during the conference which honors and recognizes our scholarship recipients
- Conference preparation webinars on resume building, elevator speeches and best practices
- Access to scholarship corporate donors and internship and job opportunities
- Recognition on the NSHMBA website and in other materials as a NSHMBA Scholar
- Premier NSHMBA membership during award year (if student is not already a member) valued at $250
- Connection with local NSHMBA Chapter(s)
- Inclusion of the recipient’s resume in the NSHMBA Scholars resume database which is available to all top corporate donors.
For additional details, visit NSHMBA University Partnership Program.
GreenPal Business Scholarship
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. We believe that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.
If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, see below for the instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
- Applicant must be graduating High School's Senior Class in 2015 or currently enrolled in a college of business with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Applicant must demonstrate high ambition and desire to be an entrepreneur or business owner
- Applicant must have a declared major in the college of Business
- Funds must be used for full-time enrollment at accredited two or four-year colleges, Universities, vocational or technical schools in the United States
For online application and additional details for the scholarship, visit www.yourgreenpal.com/scholarship
David Parsley Endowed Scholarship for Supply Chain Management
The David Parsley Scholarship is for undergraduate students studying supply chain management. The scholarship was established in 2013 through the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, with an initial investment of $100,000 to create an endowed scholarship fund that would last in perpetuity for students studying supply chain. In 2014, the SCM ESG added an additional $100,000 into the endowed fund with the hope of continuing to grow this endowment over the years to provide numerous scholarships each year to undergraduate students studying supply chain.
The organization aimed to provide a $10,000 award in 2014. The group has simplified the application process for 2015. Students can apply online beginning December 1, 2014. The scholarship will be announced no later than May 1, 2015, with the group potentially sponsoring the willing scholarship recipient(s) to a conference in May, 14-15 at the Swissotel in Chicago. This is an unparalleled opportunity for the winning Parsley scholar to meet our industry’s top executives in Supply Chain and representatives from the leading national suppliers who service the restaurant industry.
If there are any questions, contact Katherine Schieffelin, SVP and Chief Development Officer, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, at email@example.com, 202-331-5968.
AICPA/Accountemps Scholarship Award
Accounting Majors: consider applying for the highly attractive AICPA/Accountemps Scholarship Award.
One of our accounting seniors, Anthony Jakubowski, received the scholarship last year. Anthony notes that the scholarship was a huge honor for him and The University of Akron. As a recipient, Anthony joined the AICPA's Legacy Scholars Program, a program in which participants create a service project to better improve the lives of others while in pursuit of their CPA. In recommending the program, Anthony remarks "I think any of the scholarships and the program itself would be a great opportunity for students enrolled in the School of Accountancy." Read a write-up about last year's scholarship winners, including Anthony.
Students need to act quickly as the deadline for this year's scholarship is April 1.
Risk & Insurance Management Society Northeast Ohio Chapter College Scholarship
RIMS is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management, a professional discipline that protects physical, financial and human resources. Founded in 1950, RIMS represents over 3,800 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable, and governmental entities. The Society serves 9,400 risk management professionals around the world.
The Northeast Ohio Chapter of RIMS was chartered in 1959. Its scholarship(s) are awarded to students annually on a competitive basis factoring the following criteria:
- Having a permanent residence in one of the following Northeast Ohio counties (required):
- Majoring in risk management, insurance, or a related field at an accredited college or university, with the intent of working in the insurance or risk management industry (required)
- Maintaining a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale (required)
- Demonstrating involvement in the university and community through extracurricular, philanthropic or volunteer activities (considered)
- Financial need (considered)
Submit your application, report card and essay by e-mail as a single scanned attachment, to arrive no later than 5:00pm eastern time on June 1, 2015, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2015 Scholarship Application” in the subject line.
Cleveland Freight Association Scholarship Award
The mission of the CFA is to promote professional, ethical, and educational standards of its members within the business community; To cultivate good fellowship; To share ideas and provide mutual assistance in the promotion of commerce; and to achieve coordinated action in the matters involving or affecting logistics solutions.
To further these objectives, the CFA is offering two (2) types of educational scholarships. Through the Jan Smilanich Scholarship Fund, a current college student will be awarded a $500 scholarship. The CFA will also grant up to $1500 in scholarships to active CFA member(s) or immediate relative of a current member(s), enrolled in an academic or certification course.
PURPOSE: To provide financial incentive for candidates with a desire to receive or expand their education thereby increasing the community value of the Cleveland Freight Association.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY: Any active employee/member or student of the transportation, distribution, logistics, or supply chain business community domiciled in Northeast Ohio, pursuing educational endeavors in these fields.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: Applicant must be currently enrolled or scheduled to attend courses:
- In an accredited two or four year program with a major in a broad field of transportation, distribution, logistics, or supply chain management
- For industry-related certification
- In industry related training program
- For industry-related continuing education credits
Recipients of the scholarship or their representative must attend the Dinner Meeting on November 11, 2015 at which the award will be presented.
BASIS OF SELECTION: Applications will be reviewed by a three (3) person committee. Scholarship(s) will be awarded predicated upon a value system which takes into account scholastic aptitude, quality of essay, professional or community organizations. Award recipients will receive email notification from the Scholarship Chairperson.
ADMINISTRATION: Proof of enrollment in the accredited course of class shall be furnished to the CFA by the college, university, training or continuing education facility. The CFA may present the Award directly to the student or be paid directly to the training or continuing education provider. Scholarship recipient must be a paid, participating CFA member for one (1) year immediately following the receipt of the award.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS: Please contact the CFA Scholarship Award Chairperson, Janet Newman at 216-595-1286 or email the CFA Secretary
Richard West Law Office Annual Student Loan Scholarship
Richard West is the founder and lead bankruptcy attorney at the Richard West Law Office. He has been practicing law for nearly 30 years. He understands the need for financial assistance in the pursuit of higher education and, therefore, has a desire to serve and help those who are financing their education through loans and/or scholarship.
In this spirit, the Richard West Law Office will chose qualified candidates to receive $500 scholarships to help support the costs of tuition and books each year. Mr. West hopes that these scholarships will reward the efforts of motivated members of the community by helping take some of the financial pressure of education off their shoulders as they work towards advancing their goals.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must have a minimum 3.3 GPA, be a US citizen, enrolled in an accredited college and financing their education through loans and/or scholarships.
For more information and to apply for the scholarship,
visit: Richard West Law Office - Giving back.
INSIGHT2PROFIT Scholarship in Business Analytics
INSIGHT2PROFIT recently established the INSIGHT2PROFIT Scholarship in Business Analytics for students majoring in business at The University of Akron College of Business Administration. INSIGHT2PROFIT seeks to financially support students with an interest in business analytics.
INSIGHT2PROFIT is a fast growing business-to-business company, specializing in pricing and profit excellence and customized data-driven solutions for manufacturers and distributors. The company’s smart and ambitious team includes individuals who are motivated by a pioneering approach and exceptional outcomes.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide tuition and fee assistance for a deserving junior or senior undergraduate student with a minimum of 60 credit hours who is interested in a career in business analytics. This scholarship is open to all business majors. Each year, the top candidates will meet with a faculty member from the Management Department and an INSIGHT2PROFIT representative. Two students will be selected to receive this scholarship based on their interviews and knowledge of business analytics.
For the 2015-2016 academic year, two students will each receive $2000 scholarships, subject to The University of Akron annual limits. (The annual limit for students first enrolled starting Fall 2011 through Spring 2014, is $10,500.)
- have successfully completed the 6500:305 Business Analytics course before application
- provide a one-to-three page essay of how business analytics applies to a business idea or problem to come to a better solution
- submit a current resume
- have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- have a strong interest in Business Analytics
INSIGHT2PROFIT scholarship recipients must:
Submit your resume and essay to Dr. Barbara Osyk at email@example.com by Monday, May 18, 2015. If you are a finalist, you will be contacted to set up a time for an interview. If you have any questions, contact Dr. Osyk or Dr. Vijay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ClickMinded Digital Marketing Scholarship
The ClickMinded Digital Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for those interested in online marketing. It's available for high school and college undergraduate students who are passionate about digital marketing.
Students applying must submit:
- the URL of the website they're working on
- a 500 - 1,000 word essay on why they started their website and why they’re interested in learning digital marketing.
Studying in the fields of Business, Marketing, Communications or IT are recommended but not required. Being passionate about digital marketing is an absolute must. If this sounds like you might be a fit for this scholarship,
please apply now. We're excited to read your application!
This is a $1,000 scholarship, and will be awarded on December 20th, 2015.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is December 15th, 2015.