External Scholarship Opportunities
National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) University Partnership Program
NSHMBA mandates the requirements below for the University Partners who select NSHMBA Scholars.
To be considered for this program, students must meet the following criteria:
- United States Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence
- Hispanic heritage or demonstrated commitment to the Hispanic community
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) from either a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- Enrollment in an AACSB accredited program
- Recipients do not have to be current NSHMB members as they will be provided membership once they are selected to be a scholar.
- NSHMBA Scholars receive the following benefits (each student recipient must volunteer at the conference for a total of four (4) hours and attend the NSHMBA Scholars Meeting and NSHMBA Scholars Luncheon in order to receive these benefits):
- Complimentary full conference registration and up to $250 travel and accommodations reimbursement for the NSHMBA Annual Conference & Career Expo
- A special invitation to the scholarship luncheon during the conference which honors and recognizes our scholarship recipients
- Conference preparation webinars on resume building, elevator speeches and best practices
- Access to scholarship corporate donors and internship and job opportunities
- Recognition on the NSHMBA website and in other materials as a NSHMBA Scholar
- Premier NSHMBA membership during award year (if student is not already a member) valued at $250
- Connection with local NSHMBA Chapter(s)
- Inclusion of the recipient’s resume in the NSHMBA Scholars resume database which is available to all top corporate donors.
For additional details, visit NSHMBA University Partnership Program.
Cleveland Freight Association Scholarship Award
The mission of the CFA is to promote professional, ethical, and educational standards of its members within the business community; To cultivate good fellowship; To share ideas and provide mutual assistance in the promotion of commerce; and to achieve coordinated action in the matters involving or affecting logistics solutions.
To further these objectives, the CFA is offering two (2) types of educational scholarships. Through the Jan Smilanich Scholarship Fund, a current college student will be awarded a $500 scholarship. The CFA will also grant up to $1500 in scholarships to active CFA member(s) or immediate relative of a current member(s), enrolled in an academic or certification course.
PURPOSE: To provide financial incentive for candidates with a desire to receive or expand their education thereby increasing the community value of the Cleveland Freight Association.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY: Any active employee/member or student of the transportation, distribution, logistics, or supply chain business community domiciled in Northeast Ohio, pursuing educational endeavors in these fields.
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: Applicant must be currently enrolled or scheduled to attend courses:
- In an accredited two or four year program with a major in a broad field of transportation, distribution, logistics, or supply chain management
- For industry-related certification
- In industry related training program
- For industry-related continuing education credits
Recipients of the scholarship or their representative must attend the Dinner Meeting on November 11, 2015 at which the award will be presented.
BASIS OF SELECTION: Applications will be reviewed by a three (3) person committee. Scholarship(s) will be awarded predicated upon a value system which takes into account scholastic aptitude, quality of essay, professional or community organizations. Award recipients will receive email notification from the Scholarship Chairperson.
ADMINISTRATION: Proof of enrollment in the accredited course of class shall be furnished to the CFA by the college, university, training or continuing education facility. The CFA may present the Award directly to the student or be paid directly to the training or continuing education provider. Scholarship recipient must be a paid, participating CFA member for one (1) year immediately following the receipt of the award.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS: Please contact the CFA Scholarship Award Chairperson, Janet Newman at 216-595-1286 or email the CFA Secretary
Richard West Law Office Annual Student Loan Scholarship
Richard West is the founder and lead bankruptcy attorney at the Richard West Law Office. He has been practicing law for nearly 30 years. He understands the need for financial assistance in the pursuit of higher education and, therefore, has a desire to serve and help those who are financing their education through loans and/or scholarship.
In this spirit, the Richard West Law Office will chose qualified candidates to receive $500 scholarships to help support the costs of tuition and books each year. Mr. West hopes that these scholarships will reward the efforts of motivated members of the community by helping take some of the financial pressure of education off their shoulders as they work towards advancing their goals.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must have a minimum 3.3 GPA, be a US citizen, enrolled in an accredited college and financing their education through loans and/or scholarships.
For more information and to apply for the scholarship,
visit: Richard West Law Office - Giving back.
Northern Ohio Association for Financial Professionals Scholarship Policy Guidelines
The association will award an academic scholarship to an outstanding graduate or undergraduate student pursuing a degree in business, including, but not limited to the areas of accounting, finance, computer science and marketing. The award is intended to supplement the educational expenses for the student's current academic year. The amount, number and frequency of the awards will be reviewed and determined annually by the Scholarship Committee and the NEOTMA board of directors. The minimum award will be $1,000.00.
Eligibility: Full time graduate students or undergraduate students who are juniors or seniors pursuing an education program that will prepare them for a career in treasury or financial management. Candidates must have achieved an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale and a GPA in their major area of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale. First preference will be given to current paid up members of NEOTMA and their immediate family members. Second preference will be given to students attending approved colleges in the geographic area served by the NEOTMA. Approved colleges will be determined annually by a joint decision of the Scholarship Committee and the NEOTMA board of directors. The decision will be based on an evaluation of each college's involvement and support of the NEOTMA during the past calendar year.
Application Instructions & Deadline: Students interested in applying must submit the following:
- Completed scholarship application form.
- A one page summary of academic achievement including the applicant's GPA (overall and major area) and a list of all relevant courses taken or completed.
- Proof of unmet financial need as defined in the "Selection" section.
- Applications must be postmarked by August 31st of the current year and mailed to:
NEOTMA Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 31215
Independence, Ohio 44131
Selection: A committee comprised of the Scholarship Committee and the NEOTMA board of directors will make the final selection. If one of the aforementioned individuals or their direct relative is under consideration for the award, that individual will not be involved in the selection process. The selection criteria will emphasize the potential for a successful career in corporate treasury management, not solely academic achievement. Financial need will be considered to the extent that the student has unmet need. Unmet need is defined as the net amount of current tuition that is being paid out of pocket by the student. Those students who have their tuition completely covered by grants, scholarships, or by their employer will not be eligible.
Once a candidate is selected and their credentials are verified, the candidate will be recognized and the scholarship will be presented in the form of an electronic ACH to the recipient by the end of September. The candidate is strongly encouraged to attend the annual Idea Exchange meeting to be acknowledged by the association. Attendance to the Idea Exchange is offered free as well as an annual membership to NEOTMA, as a part of the scholarship award. Additionally, the recipient will receive two complimentary vouchers to the monthly meetings.
ClickMinded Digital Marketing Scholarship
The ClickMinded Digital Marketing Scholarship is a highly competitive award for those interested in online marketing. It is available for high school and college undergraduate students who are passionate about digital marketing.
Students applying must submit:
- the URL of the website on which they're working
- a 500 - 1,000 word essay on why they started their website and why they are interested in learning digital marketing.
Students who are studying Business, Marketing, Communications or IT are recommended to apply, but students in any major are welcome. Being passionate about digital marketing is an absolute must. If this sounds like you might be a fit for this scholarship, please apply now. We're excited to read your application!
This is a $1,000 scholarship, and will be awarded on December 20, 2015.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is December 15th, 2015.
Logistics Scholarship Competition 2015
Allied Van Lines is excited to offer a 2015 scholarship program for students finishing college degrees.
- 5 individual scholarships will be awarded.
- Individual scholarship award amount of $1,000 per winner. Total scholarship awards: $5,000
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
Entry Requirements: Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We want to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you!
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some verification of enrollment at your college.
- Your essay.
Deadline: September 1, 2015
For Eligibility Requirements and application, go to :