Graduating from The University of Akron College of Business
To receive a baccalaureate degree from the CoB, students must satisfy the requirements for acceptance into the College and fulfill the following requirements:
- Earn at least 15 credits within the College after admission to the CoB is granted.
- At least 50 percent of the business credit hours required for a business degree must be earned in the CoB, including a minimum 14 credits in the student's major program.
- Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, Business Administration, and International Business majors must earn 120 credits to graduate. Accounting majors must earn 128. (Accounting majors planning to take the CPA exam must earn 150 credits.) Additionally, students must earn 158 credits to obtain a double degree.
- Complete Macroeconomics and Calculus.
- Students must meet the following GPA requirements for graduation:
- 2.3 overall (cumulative) GPA
- 2.0 GPA in business and economics courses
- 2.0 GPA in all major courses
To learn how to apply for graduation, view the Applying for Graduation tutorial.