Access and Use Policies
The Cummings Center for the History of Psychology, including the Archives of the History of American Psychology, will be closed to the public until further notice due to the current health crisis.
For updated information from The University of Akron, visit https://uakron.edu/return-to-campus/.
Please read the following information prior to your research visit.
- Researchers should read and agree to the following policies: Access Policy and Use Application for On-Site Researchers and Access Policy and Request for Digital Materials [for offsite and remote research services and licensing requests]
- Materials from the CCHP collections do not circulate.
- Most materials at the CCHP are open and available for research. Restricted materials require review by CCHP staff before access can be granted.
- Researchers should search the CCHP's online database to locate materials of interest. To find out if the CCHP holds other materials relevant to your research, contact our reference archivist.
The COVID19 pandemic has affected our ability to host multiple researchers onsite. We can host individual researchers, one at a time, but researchers must comply with the following Onsite Research Protocols:
- Appointments must be made at least two weeks in advance. No exceptions. Please do not book travel plans before confirming your appointment with our reference archivist.
- Sign in and out of building each day. The reading room is open Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
- Sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the reading room. Hand sanitizer is provided.
- A mask or cloth face covering is required.
- Respect social distancing and keep at least 6 feet between themselves and CCHP staff/students.
- Submit a box request list at least 4 days ahead of visit. Please work with the reference archivist in advance to determine materials that will be used. Please understand that materials will go into quarantine after use and it is possible that not all materials will be accessible.
- Bring pencils (pens and markers are prohibited), paper, and other necessary research supplies.
- Researchers will not have access to a break room. Food and drink are prohibited in the archives.
- Researchers will be assigned a locker upon arrival for storage of coats, bags, etc. Researchers must use the same locker for the duration of their visit.
- Photography of unrestricted archival materials is permitted at no cost and is encouraged. Flash photography and personal scanners are prohibited. CCHP will make digital copies of requested materials but will not begin digitization until 1 week after visit.
- Reproduction Policies:
- All requested reproduction will be made by CCHP staff at $0.25/page.
- The CCHP cannot reproduce large portions of a collection and must use discretion when considering large requests.
- The CCHP cannot provide reproductions of materials that are available in published form elsewhere (e.g., book chapters, journal articles).
- Please review The University of Akron’s Return to Campus Protocols before arriving. If you or any member of your household has a fever or are suffering symptoms commonly associated with COVID19, please cancel your visit.
- Contact CCHP Reference Archivist, Lizette Barton with questions or concerns.