Access and Use Policies
Please read the following information prior to your research visit.
- Food, drink, and personal belongings are not allowed in the reading room. Patrons may store coats and other materials in the CCHP lobby, but should leave all valuables at home.
- Digital cameras, laptops, notebooks, and pencils are permitted, but personal scanners are not
- Researchers must take care to be gentle with all CCHP materials
- Researchers should read the CCHP's access policies for 1. Artifacts, books, and tests; 2. Manuscripts; 3. Moving Images; 4. Sound Recordings; and 5. Still Images
- Most materials at the CCHP are open and available for research
- Some collections contain restricted materials and require review by CCHP staff before access can be granted
- Materials from the CCHP collections do not circulate. All materials are requested by patrons and retrieved by CCHP staff.
- Researchers should search the CCHP's online database to locate materials of interest. To find out if the CCHP holds other materials relevant to your research, contact our reference archivist.
- Researchers interested in accessing or working with images, audio titles, and moving images in the CCHP collections should contact us.
- All requested reproduction of materials is completed by CCHP staff
- Reproductions of documents are $0.25 per page
- The CCHP cannot reproduce large portions of a collection and must use discretion when considering large copy requests
- The CCHP cannot provide copies of materials that are available in published form elsewhere (e.g., book chapters, journal articles).