Access and Use Policies
Please read the following information prior to your research visit.
- Researchers should read and agree to the following policies: Access Policy and Use Application for On-Site Researchers and Access Policy and Request for Digital Materials
- Materials do not circulate.
- Appointments must be made at least two weeks in advance. The reading room is open Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the archives.
- Researchers will be assigned a locker upon arrival for storage of coats, bags, etc.
- Most materials are open and available for research. Restricted materials require review by CCHP staff before access can be granted.
- Photography of unrestricted archival materials is permitted at no cost and is encouraged. Flash photography and personal scanners are prohibited. CCHP will make digital copies of requested materials but will not begin digitization until 1 week after visit.
- Reproduction Policies:
- All requested reproduction will be made by CCHP staff at $0.25/page.
- The CCHP cannot reproduce large portions of a collection and must use discretion when considering large requests.
- The CCHP cannot provide reproductions of materials that are available in published form elsewhere (e.g., book chapters, journal articles).