Internships give students the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to the various fields of security. Student interns make valuable networking contacts that assist them in their formal education and their chosen careers.
- CIA: https://www.cia.gov/careers/student-programs/
- National Security Agency: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/icstudents.html
- Defense Intelligence Agency: https://www.dia.mil/Careers-Opportunities/Students/
- State Department: https://careers.state.gov/interns-fellows/student-internships/
- Department of Homeland Security: https://www.dhs.gov/homeland-security-careers/students
- FBI: https://www.fbijobs.gov/students
- Justice Department: https://www.justice.gov/careers/opportunities-students
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency: https://www.nga.mil/careers/Student_Opportunities.html - This is a great website with lots of opportunities!
- Virtual Student Federal Service: https://vsfs.state.gov/
- Center for Strategic and International Studies: http://csis.org/about-us/internships
- National Defense University: https://www.ndu.edu/Careers/Internships/
- U.S. Institute for Peace: https://www.usip.org/about/careers
- Wilson Center: www.wilsoncenter.org/opportunities/Internship
- Brookings Institution: https://www.brookings.edu/careers/
- Rand Corporation: http://www.rand.org/search.html?query=internships
The United Nations:
- United Nations: https://www.un.org/en/academic-impact/page/internships
Want more information about internships?
Please contact Dr. Karl Kaltenthaler, Director of the Center for Intelligence and Security Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-421-8999.