The Center for Information Technologies and eBusiness (CITe) was created in 2000 with the mission to teach students and develop faculty in the principles and practices of the related disciplines of Information Systems & Information Technology. CITe is made up of an executive advisory board of Information Technology leaders from the Northeast Ohio region.
CITe accomplishes its mission by
- Providing scholarships to students majoring in Information Systems
- Provide mentoring and networking opportunities to Information Systems students
- Provide internships & co-op opportunities to Information Systems students
- Provide resources to conduct research in the IT discipline to faculty
- Conduct several outreach activities that promote IT among the local companies such as IT Executive Exchange & IT Summits
The vision of CITe is to be widely recognized as an important resource connecting IT executives with IS faculty & IS students at The University of Akron that will provide educational, research, and networking opportunities for students, faculty and local businesses.
The objectives of CITe are to advance information technology (IT) and information systems (IS) programs, research, best practices, and related activities at The University of Akron.
Aligning Business Strategy and Information Systems in Challenging Times.