- The Residual ACT is accepted only at The University of Akron and cannot be transferred to other universities and colleges. Testing dates are intended to be supplements to the National ACT and are identified based on University of Akron deadlines. Unlike the National ACT, registration for the Residual ACT takes place at The University of Akron. The registration form and nonrefundable payment of $60 must be in the Cashier’s Office or paid on-line by 3 p.m. the Friday before the exam. Otherwise, you may come as a standby the day of the test no later than 8:00 A.M. with $60 test fee, plus $20 walk-in fee.
- We score the answer sheets before sending them to ACT so your scores will be available at The University of Akron Office of Admissions within several working days rather than waiting for them to be returned by ACT.
You can register for the Residual ACT in one of three ways:
- Print the Registration Form, complete it, and mail along with payment of $60 to The University of Akron. Additional instructions are on the Registration Form.
- Register online using a credit card.
For examinees seeking testing with accommodations, you must submit appropriate documentation of your disability no later than one month prior to your intended test date. Documentation guidelines for the University of Akron can be found here: http://www.uakron.edu/access/students/registering/guidelinesdoc.dot. All documentation should be submitted to Dr. Sara Rieder Bennett, Assistant Director of Testing and Licensed Psychologist, for review with consultation with the Office of Accessibility. You may send via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (330-972-5679), or mail (304 Simmons Hall, The University of Akron, Akron, OH, 44325-4303). Be sure to include contact information to follow up with the student or identified contact. Please be aware that process for requesting academic accommodations is separate. For more information on that process you can visit this website http://www.uakron.edu/access/
- You may choose to schedule a private Residual ACT session outside of regularly scheduled administration dates by contacting Testing Services at 330-972-7084. The fee for private administration is $155. Please note that privately scheduled exams are proctored in our office at Simmons 304.
- Fees are non-refundable. You may apply your payment to the next test date if you call 330-972-7084 to reschedule before the date you selected. If you do no show for the test after registering, you will have to pay the fee again to take the test at a later date.
The Residual ACT will be administered on the following dates: (all Saturdays)
November 10, 2018 | March 23, 2019 | November 9, 2019
- On the day of the exam, report to the College of Business Administration, 259 South Broadway NO LATER THAN 8:20 A.M. Testing ends at approximately 12:00 p.m.
- You are required to bring your photo identification (driver’s license or school identification card). Bring a calculator to use on the math portion of the exam (check ACT for prohibited models) and #2 pencils.
- For students who do not have a Government issued photo ID, please have your school official complete this the identification form available on the ACT website prior to the exam day and bring it with you on the exam day for identification purposes.