Dr. Robert Weiss
Hezzleton E. Simmons Prof. (ret.)
Department of Polymer Engineering
- Ph.D. Chem. Eng., University of Massachusetts, Amherst (1976)
- B.S. Chem. Eng., Northwestern University (1972)
- 1975-77 Research Engineer, Exxon Chemical Company
- 1977-81 Staff Engineer, Exxon Res. and Eng. Co.
- 1979 Visiting Professor, Stevens Inst. Tech.
- 1981-86 Associate Professor, Univ. Connecticut
- 1984-91 Director, Polymer Program, University of Connecticut
- 1985-89 Assistant Director, Inst. of Materials Science, Univ. of Conn.
- 1986-09 Professor, University of Connecticut
- 1987-92 Director, Liquid Crystalline Polymer Research Center, UConn
- 1987-88 Academic Visitor, Imperial College (London)
- 1989-95 Associate Director, Institute of Materials Science, UConn
- 1994-95 Academic Visitor, Imperial College (London)
- 1998-02 A. T. DiBenedetto Distinguished Professor of Engineering, UConn.
- 2000- Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Materials Science and Eng., Univ. of Florida
- 2002-09 Distinguished Professor of Engineering, UConn.
- 2002-05 Director, Polymer Program, University of Connecticut
- 2003-09 Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor, University of Connecticut
- 2007-09 UTC Professor of Advanced Materials and Processing, Univ. of Connecticut
- 2009-16 Hezzleton E. Simmons Professor, Dept. of Polym. Eng., Univ. of Akron
- 2011-15 Chair, Department of Polymer Engineering, Univ. of Akron
- 2015-16 Assoc. Dean for Res., College of Polym. Sci. & Polym. Eng., Univ. of Akron