When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be funding.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 named scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. Across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2016 was $37,172; for Ohio students, that figure was $30,239.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider a gift to the MAKING A DIFFERENCE AND MOVING FORWARD scholarship campaign, which is the University's most important initiative. You may also establish a named scholarship at The University of Akron, which can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study.
To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- O'Connor, Kevin G. Equipment Managers Endowed Scholarship
- O'Neill Group Scholarship in Risk Management and Insurance, The
- Obiekwe Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Obiekwe, Jerry C. Ph.D., Ed.D., Endowed Scholarship in School of Law
- Ocasek, Virginia and Oliver Scholarship Fund
- Ochsenhirt, Timothy and Roetzel & Andress, LPA, Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Oelschlager, James and Vanita Professor of Science & Technology
- Oenslager, George and Ruth Permanent Endowment Fund
- Office Max/Guy Brown Express Scholarship Fund
- Office of Multicultural Development Book Scholarship
- Ohio Epsilon of Phi Delta Theta Scholarship Fund
- Ohio Music Teachers Association Award, Summit County Section
- Ohio Rubber and Plastics Group Scholarship Fund
- Ohio Rubber Group Graduate Student Award
- Ohio State Firefighters’ Nursing Scholarship Endowment
- Oldham, Albert and Vern Intellectual Property Law Endowment
- Oldham, Patricia J. Endowed Scholarship
- Oldham, William M.Endowed Scholarship
- Olin, Norma Ireland Scholarship
- Olsen, Arthur and Louise Student Investment Planning Competition
- Olson, Dr. Irving J. and Ruth B. Photography Scholarship for the School of Art
- Olson, Ruth B. and Irving J. Art Student Reward Fund
- Olson, Susan J., PhD, Adult Learner Book Scholarship
- Omicron Delta Kappa/Theta Circle Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Oriana House/Judge Ted Schneiderman Endowed Human Services Scholarship
- Orrville Campus Foundation Grant for Wayne College
- Ostroff, Charlotte Memorial Scholarship
- Ott, Conrad C. Scholars Fund
- Outstanding Graduate Student in Biomedical Engineering Award
- Outstanding Undergraduate Students in Biomedical Engineering Award
- Owen Family Scholarship in Nursing
- Owen, Esther S. Scholarship Endowment in Elementary Education
- Ozanich, Marc C. Choreographic Award
- O’Neil, Eugene Scholarship
- O’Neil, Hugh Michael Scholarship
- O’Neil, Mae C. Endowed Scholarship Foundation