The Department of Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron offers both master’s and doctorate degrees in polymer engineering. Typical undergraduate degrees of our graduate students include chemical engineering, materials science and engineering, polymer science, mechanical engineering, chemistry, and physics. Successful students have a strong interest in polymeric materials and mathematics background at least to differential equations.
Please note that ALL application materials, forms, reference letters, and scores must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions rather than to the Department of Polymer Engineering. The deadline for priority consideration of fully completed application files is December 1st each year. The deadline for regular admission consideration is January 15th. The Department of Polymer Engineering admits for Fall semester only. Questions regarding admission or the application process may be directed to Graduate School at email@example.com or to Mrs. Sarah Thorley in the Department of Polymer Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Useful Graduate Links
Professional Masters Degree
Akron Masters Programs
- 5-year BS/MS Program with BS in Applied Mathematics and MS in Polymer Engineering
- 5-year BA/MS Program at the University of Akron with BA Physics/Chemical Physics at College of Wooster and MS Polymer Engineering at UA
International Akron Masters Program
- The International Akron Masters Program with the College of Polymer Science & Polymer Engineering (CPSPE) at The University of Akron is an accelerated program that allows a student to receive both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in five (5) years. A student will complete his/her first three years of study at their home institution. The fourth year of study will be at The University of Akron (UA), and will count also as the first year of the master’s degree course work. This fourth year of study will include completion of a senior project. Typically the thesis research can be finished by the end of the fifth year to complete the master’s degree. The bachelor’s degree will then be awarded by the student's home undergraduate institution, and the M.S. degree will be awarded by The University of Akron.
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- Donghua University
- East China University of Science and Technology
- Fuzhou University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Sichuan University
- Soochow University
- South China University of Technology
- Lanzhou University
- National Central University
- National Taipei University of Technology
- Tunghai University
REU Summer Internship Program
RET Summer Program
Prasad Raut explains why he chose to study Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron.
RESEARCH IN 90 SECONDS:
Harry Zhu describes the research he is doing in the Department of Polymer Engineering at The University of Akron.