ACS POLY-PMSE Student Chapter at The University of Akron
About the Organization:
- A student run organization affiliated with the ACS Division of Polymer Chemistry (POLY) and the Division of Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering (PMSE)
- Benefits include networking, career development and opportunities to students and post-doctoral associates in the Polymer field
Current Officers (2015-2016):
- President: Kevin J Endres firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Jared Brown email@example.com
- Secretary: Rodger A Dilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Amal Narayanan email@example.com
- Faculty Advisor: Kevin Cavicchi firstname.lastname@example.org
To join the student chapter, please contact any of the listed officers.
PESO - Click here to learn more about the Polymer Engineering Student Organization
- The purpose of the PESO is to promote and advance the study of polymer engineering at the University of Akron
- The PESO as a student organization should represent the interests of all polymer engineering students at the University of Akron
- An additional objective of the PESO is the attendance and participation of its members at conferences of established polymer engineering organizations including
- Society of Plastic Engineers (SPE)
- Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society
- Polymer Processing Society (PPS)
- Society of Rheology, etc.
- The PESO should represent and advertise the University of Akron at these meetings
- A further purpose of the PESO is to support the interaction of academic and industrial researchers in the field of polymer engineering by company tours and the invitation of industrial lecturers to the University of Akron
- The PESO should cooperate with local polymer engineering organization (Akron Section of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Akron Section of the Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society) in their efforts to advance knowledge and education in polymer engineering.
- An additional objective of the PESO is to improve the social climate at the Department of Polymer Engineering by organizing social activities (picnics, bowling nights, sports activities,...)