Accelerated BS in Applied Mathematics/MA in Economics
This is an accelerated five-year BS/MA program. After successful completion of this program you will receive both a bachelor's degree in either mathematics or applied mathematics as well as a master of arts degree in economics.
- Under the supervision of a faculty advisor, you will finish the core course requirements and most of the electives for the bachelor’s degree in the first three years of this program.
- During the third year of the baccalaureate degree, you will formally apply to the program through the Graduate School. Upon acceptance, a student will be cleared to complete the remaining electives of the bachelor’s degree and 30 credits of graduate work for the master’s degree in economics in the last two years.
- In this program, six of the required senior-level credits for the undergraduate program will be replaced by graduate-level credits. These six credits will be applied to the requirements of both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- You must maintain a 3.0 or better grade point average. If a student is not able to do this, he or she will have the option to complete the regular bachelor’s degree program instead of the five-year accelerated plan.
- You will be eligible for a graduate assistantship only in the last two years, and you must be registered for at least nine graduate credits in each of those semesters.
(Graduate assistantships requirements)