Economics Program Information
Learn about CoB economics students, careers, organizations that have recently hired CoB graduates, and much more on the Economics Department page.
Resources are available to help you learn more about the school and major, and determine class schedules, requirements, and progress toward you degree.
Before you apply to The University of Akron, contact our Undergraduate Recruiter to answer your questions. Current UA students who want to be admitted to a major should be sure to visit an undergraduate Academic Adviser.
Once you are admitted to The University of Akron, you will use the Degree Progress Report (DPR), which is an online tool to view information about your progress toward graduation. DPR outlines your degree requirements, marks completed courses, and shows your remaining coursework.
Once you are a student, The University of Akron and the College of Business offer tutoring services for additional help in many subjects.
- The University of Akron has partnered with Knack to help build a stronger community of peer learning. As a UA student, you can use Knack to get help from a fellow peer that already aced your class, and/or sign up as a Knack Tutor to offer help to your peers in classes you have aced.
- The main campus library has writing and math Tutoring Services which can be helpful for your capstone project and some of your economics classes.
The College of Business is associated with many student organizations through which you can expand your classroom learning and enhance your leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Within these organizations you will meet students from diverse backgrounds and will have opportunities to interact with business professionals, participate in competitions and organize community service projects. Students are encouraged to actively participate in the organization(s) of their choice.
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Supply Chain Student Association (SCSA)
- American Marketing Association
- Pi Sigma Epsilon (PSE)
- The Fisher Society for Professional Selling