Steps to complete to participate in an exchange program
- Complete the Education Abroad application
- Send your Requests for Academic Reference forms
- Complete the Student Conduct Study Abroad Release Form
- Once approved through Education Abroad Office, you may then apply to your destination school
After you are admitted
You must have completed before departing:
- Consult with The UA Financial Aid Office
- Study Abroad Hours: Mon & Wed 2-3 p.m. and Tue & Thu 11 a.m. to noon
- Contact Kat Vasko at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education Abroad Transient form
- You can search for course equivalencies
- Purchase International Health Insurance
- Health & Emergency Information form
- Program Participation Agreement and Release/Waiver of Liability form
- Register with STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program)
Passport & Visa
Please note: Passport processing times have increased due to covid. If you plan to travel abroad, make applying for a passport your FIRST STEP. Expect up to 18 weeks for routine service and 12 weeks for expedited service. Check the US government travel site for more details on applying and wait times.
- Your passport should generally be valid at least six months beyond the date of your anticipated return to the U.S.
- If a visa is required for entry to your destination, your Exchange University representative will provide guidance on how to obtain the visa. Please make certain to ask them about this important step.
Check for scholarship opportunities
There are a variety of scholarship opportunities for students wishing to study abroad.