THE LEBRON JAMES FAMILY FOUNDATION
School of Education
Course registration assistance
If you have been admitted to the School of Education and need assistance registering for education courses, click below for details.
If you have met prerequisites for a class but need help getting into it:
- Contact your academic adviser in the School of Education.
Dr. Kim Beyer (student last names A-F)
Mr. Anthony LoVullo (student last names G-M)
Mr. Justin McHenry (student last names (N-Z)
If your course requires faculty approval to register (including closed/full sections):
- Obtain their written approval and forward that to your adviser to assist with enrollment.
For all override requests:
- Submit an email to your advisor with your student ID number, name of the course, course number and section number
- Place the course you want/need in your shopping cart in your My Akron Student Center
Graduate students and Post-Bacc students:
Contact your faculty adviser in the School of Education for class registration assistance. If you are unsure of who your faculty advisor is contact Dr. Lenhart.
Student Teaching orientation meeting
Mandatory for School of Education students that will be eligible to Student Teach, Fall 2022. Virtual meeting Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
If Spring or Summer 2022 will be your last semester of coursework, then you will need to attend this Fall 2022 Student Teaching Orientation meeting.
Note: Please do not attend if you are a Freshman, Sophomore or Junior
Orientation Meeting Outcomes:
- Student Teaching Application – How to apply and when to apply
- Requirements to student teach Fall ’22 - School of education Website
- BCI/FBI - Codes and where to send the background checks
- OAEs – What assessments you need to pass to be eligible to Student Teach, Fall ‘22
- edTPA – Colloquium/Practicum