CAEP Self-Study Report
Welcome to the LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education (LJFF CoE) at The University of Akron. We are pleased to welcome the Board of Examiners (BOE) team members from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) for an onsite visit October 15-17, 2017.
The LJFF CoE has selected the Selective Improvement Pathway for our CAEP evaluation. This pathway requires the college to use data-driven decision making to reach a higher level of achievement in educator preparation. Faculty members in the LJFF CoE are committed to using data for continuous improvement and preparing educators who positively impact learning through evidence-based practices.
The links below provide information about the LJFF CoE CAEP self-study and specific evidence linked to the CAEP Standards.
- Standard 1: Content and Pedagogical Knowledge
- Standard 2: Clinical Partnerships and Practice
- Standard 3: Candidate Quality, Recruitment and Selectivity
- Standard 4: Program Impact
- Standard 5: Provider Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- Cross-Cutting Theme: Diversity
- Cross-Cutting Theme: Technology
- LJFF CoE Selective Improvement Plan