The fee for currently enrolled College of Education students who have not previously purchased a Tk20 subscription is included on tuition bills issued by the Registrar's Office. This is a one-time $100 fee and will not need to be renewed throughout your undergraduate and/or graduate career at The University of Akron. It is clearly identified as Tk20 Portfolio Fee.
If you were recently admitted to the College of Education (for example, middle of the semester), you have not yet been charged for Tk20. If you need to submit to Tk20 for the current semester, you will need to purchase from the website using a credit card. Click the green button at the top of this page then follow the link in the lower left corner of the page.
Always check your tuition bill before purchasing it in this manner!! Once you have purchased a subscription, we will activate your account and login information will be sent to you.
Either way, this subscription is portable--if you transfer to another academic institution that uses Tk20 you will not need to repurchase your subscription.
You will receive your username and password within the first 6 weeks of the new semester. It will be sent to your UA email account. Please keep in mind that UA email addresses include the word "zips" (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have your UA email forwarded to an alternative email (such as aol, yahoo, gmail), please check your SPAM filters; sometimes Tk20 email is routed somewhere other than your Inbox. If you need your login information resent to you, please submit a help request.
It is very important that you log in as soon as you receive your username and password to ensure that they are working and your course(s) and assignment(s) appear. If your user name and password do not work, or your courses and assignments do not appear, please submit a help request.
Go to the Tk20 log in page and click on the Forgot your username or password? link in the upper left of the page.
Download this short guide that shows you how to upload your assignment.
If you are submitting an assignment called a Portfolio, DO NOT follow the Portfolio instructions provided by Tk20 that require using the Artifact Wizard. Use the instructions in the guide above!
It is possible to recall a submitted assignment.
- Go to the "Courses" tab.
- Click "Assignments" in the side menu.
- Place a check mark corresponding to the assignments which you would like to recall.
- Click the "recall" button located under the label "Assignments." If you need to make changes within the assignment, you can do that now and re-submit it for assessment.
Note: Only those assignments which have not been assessed or saved by the assessor(s) can be recalled.
- Click on the Courses tab.
- Click on Assignments located in the left menu to see list of assignments that have been submitted.
- Click on the link for the assignment you want to review.
- On the right side of the screen click on the link under Assessment Tool: Details
- The rubric will open to show you each criterion and the score you received. The total score, rubric mean, and a letter grade are shown at the bottom.
- Walk-in help is available in Central Hower 312.
- Submit a help request at https://akron.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3HR95zeBAvvQRdX
Announcements and messages may be sent in several ways.
- To your university email account. It is very important that you check your university email account frequently to ensure important communications are not overlooked.
- On the home page of your Tk20 account. At the top of the page are Recent Message. If there is a message listed, click on the link to read the full message.
- On the College of Education Tk20 website.
- On the digital message system (TV) in the hallway near Student Services.
Please check your SPAM folder to ensure Tk20 email is not being routed there. If you need your login information resent to you, please submit a help request.
Simply put, Tk20 is an online assessment program used to provide evidence that teacher candidates have mastered state and professional standards for the profession.
Tk20 is used by undergraduate and graduate students admitted to College of Education professional education programs that have identified "key" assessments. A list of programs that require use of Tk20 can be found here.
The professional education programs in the College of Education are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The accreditation process requires us to maintain a comprehensive assessment system to analyze student performance data and to engage in continuous improvement. To help us in this effort, the College uses Tk20 Campus Tools for Higher Education, a comprehensive system for outcomes-based assessment, accountability and reporting. In addition to the fee paid by the College, students enrolled in the identified professional education programs are required to subscribe to Tk20.
If you purchased Tk20 last semester and the Tk20 fee showed up on your tuition bill again this semester, contact the Tk20 Office (Central Hower 312), call (330) 972-2114, or email: email@example.com. They will work with the Bursar's Office to remove the fee.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click the gold button at the left
Walk-in Help is Available
Central Hower 312
Spring 2016 Hours
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our goal is to handle inquiries as quickly as possible. Many issues can be handled within the hour. However, depending on the complexity of your request, it may take up to 4 business days for a resolution.