Faculty and Staff News & Resources
Conference Room Reservation
There are 9 meeting rooms of varying sizes available at Zook. Some are appropriate for committee meetings, and the smaller rooms are good for private meetings with students.
Small meeting rooms - Up to 4 people, whiteboard only, no technology provided
- Room 306
- Room 310
- Room 408
- Room 412
Conference rooms - Could be used for a small seminar-style class for evening classes
- Room 207 - 8 people, whiteboard, projector upon request
- Room 226 - 10 people, Smartboard, projector
- Room 321 - 10 people, Smartboard, projector
- Room 424 - 10 people, Smartboard, projector
- Room 434 - 12 people, Smartboard, projector (permission required)
View the schedule and reserve a room using these instructions. These are the same instructions used previously for booking a conference room in Zook.
Logins and Support
- COE Tech Support - (330) 972-5316
- Curriculum Proposal System
- EMPCenter Log in
College Organization & Governance
- COE Bylaws (rev. 2015)
- Conceptual Framework (2009)
- Conceptual Framework Proficiencies
- Unit Assessment Handbook (2009)
- Graduate Faculty Criteria by Department
- Graduate Faculty Appointment
- Graduate Faculty Application (for FT, tenure-track graduate faculty)
- Ad Hoc Temporary Grad Faculty Application
- Retention, Tenure, and Promotion
- Individualized Study Sheet (uploaded 8-10-16)
- Master's Thesis Defense Report
- Ohio Transfer Articulation Guide (TAG) - Transfer module for education
- Program Course Distribution Forms - Are now located in Sharepoint (faculty only; login required)
- Professional Attributes Scale (Red Alert)
- Forms for Students
- Student PCD Program Change Form
Research and Grants
- All policies and forms related to travel can be found on the Controller's website
Workshop Proposal Form
WebEx training available
Dr. Jeremy Brueck will offer WebEx training on Tuesday, Oct. 18, from 2 to 4 p.m. in Leigh Hall 214. You can register online.
This hands-on training session will cover how to use Cisco WebEx Training Center. This session will be mainly focused on how faculty can utilize the tool for teaching synchronously. By the end of this training, participants will learn how to do the following:
- Sign in to the University of Akron’s WebEx site.
- Identify the difference between each of the centers/resources available to them.
- Create and schedule a Training Center session.
- Moderate a live session using the tools within Training Center.
- Utilize each of the main panels available within a session.
- Share a variety of media and applications.
- Manage recorded sessions.
- Troubleshoot common audio and video issues experienced by participants.
Please be sure to bring a laptop to this hands-on training session so that you can participate.
Over the summer, Tk20 underwent a system upgrade. Its appearance and navigation are more streamlined and user friendly, and all of the features you are accustomed to are still available.
New FAQs and helpful guides are currently being created by your Unit Administrator (Roberta Reese). A few of them are below. In the meantime, if you have questions regarding Tk20, please contact us at (330) 972-5316, or by using the Online Help Form.
Available in Zook 238
Summer hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fall/Spring hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.