Engineering & Engineering Technology Career Fair
Current students have an incredible opportunity each fall to meet one-on-one with prospective employers, learn about employment and co-op opportunities, hand out their resumes, and conduct on-the-spot interviews with employers such as Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, NASA, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The event attracts students from a variety of majors including engineering, polymer science, land surveying, and construction field operations.
“The Career Fair gives us a chance to introduce our company to students interested in co-op because we want them to have that experience. They get to know the company and we get to know them. We both win.”Steve Dishauzi, Human Resources Director, PTA Engineering
2019 Career Fair
Engineering and Engineering Technology Career Fair
Tuesday, October 8, 2019, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The University of Akron Student Union
Students, to register, you'll need to bring a hard copy of your resume to the co-op office (ASEC 224).
Prepare for the Career Fair
- Visit the co-op office to polish your skills and make a good impression at least two weeks prior to the Career Fair.
- Dress nicely. We suggest freshman wear business casual (khakis/polo), co-op candidates wear dress slacks/shirt/tie, and full-time candidates wear a suit with a jacket.
- Introduce yourself to every corporate representative.
- Bring your resume to the Cooperative Education and Placement Office for review and suggestions.
- Practice interviewing - on the spot interviews DO happen! Be prepared!
We asked UA engineering alumni how their co-ops led to career success. The alumni were back on campus to recruit student engineers for full-time jobs and co-ops.