UA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
WOMEN IN ENGINEERING
The Women in Engineering Program at The University of Akron will serve as a catalyst for increasing the number of women in engineering through the following strategic goals.
- Recruit women into The University of Akron’s College of Engineering
- Retain and graduate female undergraduate and graduate students
- Develop and empower highly qualified and professionally responsible women engineers
- Form strategic partnerships between The Women in Engineering Program, campus-wide departments, the community and industry
Director, Women in Engineering Program
Auburn Science and Engineering Center (ASEC)
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-3901
Sarah Roth, a chemical engineering graduate student discusses her summer internship studying propellant slosh dynamics. Video produced and provided by NASA.
Inspiration Day is a day for girls to explore careers in STEM with The University of Akron and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Mar. 2, 2019 | Kids’ Career Day
Kids' Career Day is a half-day program designed to involve children in interactive activities related to occupations in engineering, science, technology, and math.
Jun. 2019 | "SEE UA" Summer Camp
The "SEE" - Summer Experience in Engineering camp at The University of Akron is an engaging one week residential and day summer camp for girls entering the ninth through twelfth grades that immerses the girls into biomedical, civil, chemical, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Registration deadline is Mar. 31, 2019.
Jun. 2019 | MYO Summer Day Camp
Multiplying Your Options (MYO) camp at The University of Akron is a one week summer day camp for girls entering the seventh and eighth grades that introduces the girls to biomedical, civil, chemical, electrical, and mechanical engineering. Registration deadline is Mar. 31, 2019.
- Engineer Girl
- National Engineer's Week
- Society of Women Engineers (National)
- Society of Women Engineers (Akron Chapter)
- Try Science
- American Society of Civil Engineer Kids Page
- Engineer Your Life
- Scholarships for Women
- Curiosity Machine
- Beyond Rigor
- Teach Engineering
- Canteen Girl
- PBS Learning Media
- I Was Wondering