The objective of the Advisory Council is to develop a close working relationship between engineering leaders in the greater Akron community, Sate of Ohio and the nation, and the administration of the Women in Engineering Program. Activities and goals to be realized as a result of this relationship are:
- Advocacy: To function as an advocacy group for the Women in Engineering Program.
- Performance: To assist the Women in Engineering Program in attaining high professional standard and to prepare students to meet the needs of society and industry.
- Philanthropy: To assist the Department in the cultivation and solicitation of philanthropic resources and establish a multi-faceted fund raising program that will continue into the future.
- Employment: To expand opportunities for students and graduates to find employment.
- Recruitment: To assist the college in recruiting outstanding female students.
Current Advisory Council Members
Dr. Brian Arbuckle (Emeritus Member)
Ms. Colleen Arthur
Mr. Scott C. Armstrong
Ms. Eileen Buzzelli
Mrs. Margaret Donovan
Dr. Dane Quinn
Ms. Lynn Brocco (Emeritus Member)
Mr. William Bandy, Jr.
Ms. Cheryl McKinney
Ms. Angie Wells (Second Chairperson)